Monday, October 10, 2011

fabulous findings

Last week I had a lovely moment in an op shop near my place. A basket. A collection of gorgeous old dressmaking patterns. I wondered, were these dresses made with love for a daughter? Granddaughter?
I think what appeals to me most about buying second-hand is really the story. The fact that it had a life before me. So I have some lovely new designs to play with, and I can use some of my ever-increasing stash of vintage fabrics.

More thrifty goodness this-a-way.
S.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. I love when I find something at a yard sale and the seller has a story to go along with the item. The thrill of the hunt and the history behind a treasure are part of what draws me to thrifting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a couple of those patterns :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...