Monday, October 15, 2012

nourish: caramel cheesecake apple dip

Yeah. OK. Nourish might be wishful thinking here. How about we go with indulge, instead? Inspired by something similar on pinterest.
Grab these:
a tin of sweetened condensed milk, boiled for three hours to make caramel (or a tin of top 'n' fill)
a pack of spreadable cream cheese
icing sugar mixture
squeeze of lemon juice
half a packet of sweet biscuits, bashed into largish crumbs
4 or 5 of your favourite apples, cut into slices

Do this:
1. Spread you caramel into the middle of the plate. I only used half a tin, with the other half being saved for a higher purpose (eating directly out of the fridge with a spoon)
2. Sprinkle over your crumbles.
3. Beat the cream cheese to soften, then keep beating as you add in icing mixture and lemon juice to taste. Schplopp the cheesecakey-icingy mix over the top of everything else and spread with a spatula.
4. Place the apple slices around the edge of the plate for dipping and scooping. You will have to make a group decision about your feelings on double dipping.

Enjoy! What are you cooking this week, good looking?

7 comments:

  1. There wouldn't be a skerrick of a chance to ban the double dippery on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love that word 'indulge' - it makes me want to go 'oh yes please' - a totally tantalising recipe,

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY MOLY this looks amazing! (But possibly a little bit intense for me, having been off sugar for a while.) But in my books, double dipping is always ok! Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds insanely sweet and completely indulgent. i have never heard of such a dip. double dipping fine by me. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing as delicious as this! I love caramel dip with apples. You can win me over with condensed milk anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! I've just added this one to my pinterest board.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...