Sunday, June 17, 2012

a new season

Well, in the last month we have had sickness, general glum, birthday parties-that-weren't-really, and tumultuous seas. Oh! The churning water and howling winds!

I sent out an invitation to the universe. And then I surrendered. And waited. And you know, I'm not very good at that. Asking, and waiting.

And then, as I sat watching those rough seas, waves crashing over one another, I saw my little friend, hopping about the grass. Willy Wagtail.
In the hours before the births of each of my babies, I saw a Willy Wagtail, visiting me. I only realised afterwards, of course. The first was walking around the block, ten days past baby's due date. Willy hopped alongside me for the whole walk. The next was having tea on the veranda of my mother-in-law's house- Willy was hopping amongst the pink camellias. Then Willy visited me as I had coffee with my friend, by the beach. She had just taken photos of me and my belly, and I knew that I would meet this baby in the next day or so.

So, in the absence of any impending birth, I wondered what news Willy was bringing me.

And the phone rang. It was my darling, telling me to get packing- a house we had applied for, but had been unsuccessful, was now available. And (I'll forgive you for thinking I'm making this up, but I'm not) a rainbow appeared.

So, now I am putting our things into boxes and looking forward to stretching out a little. Having a yard for the kids to play in. A space in which to sew. Our giant table, made with my love's hands, to fit friends and family around. A bit of earth for a veggie garden.

A new season.

I'm not a religious person, but feel myself becoming more and more spiritual as I get older. I believe there are subtle ways the world speaks to me, and that Willy Wagtail is a messenger in my life, letting me know good things are coming. Do you believe in signs? In animal spirit guides or totems?

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I just awarded you the LIEBSTER AWARD for new-is bloggers. Check out my blog and please accept!! http://clairesmama.blogspot.com/2012/06/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...